Name:
Location: Tennessee

I'm 29, and I still will be on my birthday this year!!! I swear it! My darling husband and I have been married for 7 years this year. We have two great kiddos: a 5 year old son, and a nearly 2 year old daughter. The are the most beautiful kids in the world if you ask us! I work at home, 2 jobs, one is developing curriculum and other publications for a disability ministry. By night I am a Pampered Chef consultant. I love both of my jobs, and I love that they are flexible enough for me to stay at home with my kids.

Monday, May 02, 2005

1 Down, 1 To Go!

Well, I survived! This weekend was NUTS!!! C-man's birthday was last Thursday, and that's the day that my parents came in town. I, of course, saved all of my cleaning for the day that they got here. So, I got up super early, cleaned like a maniac until they got here, but I still wasn't done! We were having C's party that Saturday, so I felt that it was necessary to clean EVERYTHING!!! Oh yeah, and Aunt Flo decided to pick that day to come and visit for 5 days too! That just added to the level of emotion! Friday we did some running around K-town, mostly Wal-Mart to pick up the last minutes to get ready for the party. And THEN, J and I ACTUALLY got to go out on a date!!! My lovely parents baby-sat so we could DATE!!! That happens like once in a blue moon anymore.

Saturday finally got here. We were up early, of course...the kids can't stand to sleep much past 8am anymore. I started cleaning as soon as I got the kids fed. Then mom and dad got here and we went out for lunch and to do the last, last minute running. J and I had picked out a new Hutch for the Kitchen a couple of months ago, and had to get it off layaway this weekend. As soon as we got home, which was at about 3:30 (party was at 6:30!!!), he determined that it was essential that he put it together RIGHT THEN! Okaaaaaay!!!! So, mom and I are finishing up the cleaning and shifting things around the kitchen to make a space for the hutch. C-man was supposed to be taking a nap, but was way to excited about his party and never slept a wink. At 6:20pm, J and B finish the hutch....just as the first guests appear at our doorstep! I rush them in the house real quick so as not to get run over by the newly finished hutch..."Come in and don't ask!" I said, my friend Heather replies with a "Oh but I think I might have to!".

Within about 10 minutes our house filled up with about 12 3,4 and 5 year olds. Oh, yeah, we were supposed to have the party outside as it was supposed to have cleared up by then...but no, it was about 55 degrees and raining outside. Along with the dozen or so kids, were 1-2 parents each. I think we were way far beyond fire codes in our house. Now, since the weather was so crappy, at the last minute my mom and i had to figure out an activity to keep the kids occupied. While at Wal-Mart, we found these sheets of foam and sticky foam shapes, animals, etc. We tossed the aforementioned materials in the living room floor and said "go to town!" For about 20 minutes the kids were quiet and busy. One set of guest arrived during this time and were shocked at how quiet it was in there! It's not often that you can keep a group of kids that age that quiet!

After about 20 minutes they got tired of sticky foam, and converged upon C-mans room and toys. Once the level reached too many decibels, I decided it was time for cake. That seemed to appease the masses. Now, C picked his list of guests, and he also picked his party theme. It was a Spider Man, Thomas the Train and Star Wars theme! Yup, we did all 3!!!! He loved it! And there was something for everyone! So, we passed out cake and ice cream, which lasted about 10 minutes, and they were back in action! And then it was time for presents. OK, I swear, everyone suddenly thinks it's their birthday when it comes time for presents. I was trying to sit with C and help him with the presents, and kids were crawling up my side! I had kids grabbing his presents trying to open them themselves! C-man was just in a zone...open, view, toss!

When it was about the time that everyone started going home, C-man started to panic...he didn't want his friends to come home. He begrudgingly said thank you and good bye to everyone, but not without a pout. That was acutally kind of cute! Thankfully, we all survived the chaos of the weekend. We turned 4, and we seem to be doing OK with that....now for the continuing saga of Potty Training...another story for another day...

One more birthday to go. A-baby turns 1 in just under 2 months now! I think we're going to stick with a simple family party for that! I don't know if I can do another one of these for another solid year!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger devilboss said...

Hey sweets, I've been meanin' to ask you, how's your brother doing?

Sounds like you had a houseful. Better you than me. I can really say that I'm glad those days are behind me. But of course you did it with grace and style.

Love ya!

9:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home