Name:
Location: Tennessee

I'm 29, and I still will be on my birthday this year!!! I swear it! My darling husband and I have been married for 7 years this year. We have two great kiddos: a 5 year old son, and a nearly 2 year old daughter. The are the most beautiful kids in the world if you ask us! I work at home, 2 jobs, one is developing curriculum and other publications for a disability ministry. By night I am a Pampered Chef consultant. I love both of my jobs, and I love that they are flexible enough for me to stay at home with my kids.

Thursday, April 21, 2005

OY!

OK, it's official! I neeeeeeeeed a vacation!!!! Yup yup! I do!!! This year (and it's only April) has been C-R-A-Z-Y!!!! J has been working tons of overtime (which is great for the bank account), which leaves me in single mom mode, on top of the work that I have to do! For instance, this week J is working every night til at the very least 10pm! There is a play on campus this week, and he is expected to be in the sound booth every night for rehersals. I'm trying to be patient, especially with the kids, but I've been close to snapping a coupla times so far...it's all good! Next week when pay day hits, it'll all be worth it!!!

And speaking of next week, C-man turns 4!!! Can we say, WHAT HAPPENED to the last four years!!!??? This boy is growing up way too fast! Today he tells me "Mommy, you make me crazy!" as I was scolding him for trying to strangle his sister. NUUUUUUUU-UUUUUUHHHH, you didn't just!!!! Most of the internal me just hit the floor laughing because of the way he said it...the outter me wanted to smack him upside the head! "C, honey, you have no idea how crazy I can really make you!" He keeps me chuckling on a regular basis too. His new thing is to find sneaky ways to lick me...I don't know why! He thinks it's perfectly hilarious though. And Every day he gives me a list of who is coming to his birthday party. He is SO excited! I have been instructed that Spider Man needs to be on his cake...so, we are apparently going to have that with Thomas the Train plates that Grandma purchased...should be interesting!

A is just a glowing example of ambition. She turns 10 months this weekend, and is SO full of herself! She is at a very oral stage, in that everything she picks up she puts in her mouth...including dog food! UGH!!! I know!!! But our dog can't seem to keep her food in the kitchen, so we always have crumbs on the living room floor, as that's where she feels she needs to eat it. A has a great nack for finding every last crumb. Well, as of lately, she has broken through every barricade we have created between the living room and kitchen and makes a bee-line striaght for the dog's dish! And she's a fast lil booger too! She's tiny but mighty!

And then there's the sibling rivalry...C has created his own WWF scenarios right in our very living room. He thinks it's great fun to tackle sister dear and pin her every chance he gets. Granted, there are usually peels of laughter out of both of them, but A only tolerates so much. Then both turn tail on the dog, and she's not nearly as tolerant of the pinning and tackling. She (the dog) lives for the kids' naptime and bedtime...it means a) total spoiling from mom and dad, and b) peace and tranquility!

Now it is time for sleeping to commence!!! Another day of the above activities is to begin sooner than necessary (kids have a weird internal clock, beginning just as the sun is rising, blech!). Til tomorrow...

*Many Blessings*

3 Comments:

Blogger devilboss said...

That's so funny because my grandkids are around the same age as your kids and I saw so many similarities between them. Nolan loves the dog food. Can't get enough of it. And my dog loves to bring her food into the living room a peice at a time to eat it. Sometimes he even stands in the water bowl. And The Princess, well she says things like that all the time. It makes for a fun life doesn't it.

6:31 AM  
Blogger MamaChef said...

Seriously, are we related??? That's so funny!

7:32 AM  
Blogger *L'ola said...

y'know ima need to hug the Birthday Boy and Genius Girl real soon, right? like, how soon can you get up here. 'Cause ima need to hug you too. like bad. hurry.

2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home