Name:
Location: Tennessee

I'm 29, and I still will be on my birthday this year!!! I swear it! My darling husband and I have been married for 7 years this year. We have two great kiddos: a 5 year old son, and a nearly 2 year old daughter. The are the most beautiful kids in the world if you ask us! I work at home, 2 jobs, one is developing curriculum and other publications for a disability ministry. By night I am a Pampered Chef consultant. I love both of my jobs, and I love that they are flexible enough for me to stay at home with my kids.

Friday, April 22, 2005

Basket Case or Just Sleep Deprived

Yesterday was just one of those days, and I'm not sure if I'm that totally nuts, overwhelmed or just in need of an entire day to sleep. It's possible that all three of those options are true.

For probably the last week my father, who is also my employer, had me thinking that I needed to have a particular project completed for a camp that was supposedly supposed to take place beginning today. So, I have been kicking myself in the butt to get it done...however, the elements just kept adding up against me in order to prevent me from getting it done. First, one of the CD's in which I needed to copy some things off of, went AWOL. In my head I was convinced that there were only three places that it could possibly be, and I had been tearing those places completely apart trying to find it. FINALLY yesterday I found the CD, and it was on the otherside of the room, in the chair that my husband tosses his clothes at the end of the day before bed...and of course, it was under all of the clothes. No, this was not one of the three places that were on my list. Obviously the CD did not get done. At 4:15pm yesterday, 15 minutes before the post office was to close where I would have been taking this project to overnight it to the home office, I call the home office because I looked at one of the camp booklets and did not see a camp scheduled. "D, do we have a camp sessions starting tomorrow?" "No, no we don't!" "Okaaaaay, so then why would dad have told me that there was one?" "I don't know..." "Did he tell me that there was one?" So D proceeds to start laughing at me...(next time I'm up there he gets jacked in the head...he knows this!) I was all sorts of frustrated and confused by this point, however, I can see my dad telling me that there was a camp booked for this weekend, knowing my knack for waiting until the last minute to complete things.

Well, my whole day went kinda like that. I'm in Wal-Mart, and of course I didn't have my list written down, it was all in my head and I was just sure that I could remember everything on it. I even went over it verbally with J before I went in. But alas, eventually I was wondering in circles convinced that I was forgetting something! I STILL don't remember what I forgot! Same thing with phone conversations...was talking to my best friend, was going to tell her about something, and I totally blanked. Just par for the course! And when I was fixing dinner to take to my hubs at rehersal, he told me 2 times that he wanted ranch dressing on his wraps, and I even repeated it back to him. But when I went to fix the wraps, I blanked again...when I finally got his dinner up to him, I confessed, he giggled at me (what's with everyone laughing at me today???) and said it was OK. Thanks for that!

Last night K came over, and by then I was just wipped out (J has had to work til about 11:30pm every night this week...I'm so much more appreciative of single parents, but I don't want to be one!!!). I had made a pot of coffee for me and K, and she was telling me how much she liked the large mug I was using, so I was searching for one for her. She's standing behind me and says "I like big mugs" in just the same rythmic tone of "I like big butts". I hit the floor, and she's left standing wondering why in the name of all that is holy am I laughing so hard. So, I tell her why, she starts laughing, and my son is wondering why the heck we are such lunatics! Well, K starts singing the song, and then C pipes in in all is 4 year old wisdom singing "I like big bugs!" Thank heavens we weren't DRINKING the coffee yet, because it would have been spewed all over the walls!!!

Yes friends, I'm praying for a less flaky day today, but things could have been a lot worse!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger devilboss said...

I like Big Bug! bwhahahahahaha, not fair. That is some funny stuff right there.

10:39 AM  
Blogger *L'ola said...

he's a comedic genius! i've been telling you this for years!

1:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home