Name:
Location: Tennessee

I'm 29, and I still will be on my birthday this year!!! I swear it! My darling husband and I have been married for 7 years this year. We have two great kiddos: a 5 year old son, and a nearly 2 year old daughter. The are the most beautiful kids in the world if you ask us! I work at home, 2 jobs, one is developing curriculum and other publications for a disability ministry. By night I am a Pampered Chef consultant. I love both of my jobs, and I love that they are flexible enough for me to stay at home with my kids.

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Things That Make You Go Hmmmm...

OK...so this whole Terri Schiavo case is pissing me off. I just cannot fathom how a court of any kind would approve starving anyone to death for no good reason!!! From what I understand of the case, the husband is a complete wack job, especially since he's bore 2 kids with another woman while denying his wife any kind of physical therapy for 10 years! Now, I've seen some photos of this woman who is said to be in a "vegetative state", however what I want to know is, since when to veggies (other than Veggie Tales!) SMILE??? If she can smile at her family, she's got some brain activity, thereby voiding out a diagnosis of vegetable in my experience...my experience being, a degree in disability ministry, thankyouverymuch! From what I know, she's quadraplegic. If her "husband" was so exhausted and drained by the care of his wife, why not just sign over custody to her parents who would love nothing more than to take care of their daughter??? I think there's a whole lot more there than we know...just my own opinion. Starving her until she dies is just cruel!!!! This whole case is just pissing me off beyond belief!!!! OK, so I'm off that soap box!

Now, my other frustration for today, I took my daughter for her 9 month check up today, and her doctor is worried about her length. She is somewhat advanced in every other development except her length and weight. She's always been petite, as as her brother, but I'm not very tall (a whopping 5'4") and J was very small until one year in high school when he grew like 6 inches in a year...no joke! So, anyway, I've told all of this to the doc, but he still wants her to come back in about 6 weeks to weigh and measure her again. She IS growing, they just don't like how slow she is growing. If she stays on the same curve that she is or drops, she gets to go through a whole passel of tests to make sure something isn't wrong with her thyroid. See, I went through the same thing with my son, my kids just aren't going to be genetically disposed to a great deal of height I'm afraid. Neither of the kids have had any major illnesses, they are right on, and even early at times, with their other cognitive skills. I've questioned these "growth curves" before...I'm not real sure how scientific they are, because when they have been explained to me before, the charts only really compare said child's size to a "portion" of other children their age. I'm not sure how that says that your child is abnormal. But, whatever, I'm not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV.

'Nuff said!

*****DISCLAIMER***** It is TOTALLY possible that I am not fully informed on the first rant of this blog entry. I'm still researching the news articles as of late! As I mentioned, I'm not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV, and I'm not a part of the aforementioned family...just all of the 2nd hand information that I have received reeeeeeeeeeeally has me frustrated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home