Name:
Location: Tennessee

I'm 29, and I still will be on my birthday this year!!! I swear it! My darling husband and I have been married for 7 years this year. We have two great kiddos: a 5 year old son, and a nearly 2 year old daughter. The are the most beautiful kids in the world if you ask us! I work at home, 2 jobs, one is developing curriculum and other publications for a disability ministry. By night I am a Pampered Chef consultant. I love both of my jobs, and I love that they are flexible enough for me to stay at home with my kids.

Friday, December 10, 2004

My Family

I was sitting around the other day, just marvaling over my family...I have to say, I have two GAW-geous kids!!!! And they are just truly amazing. Yes, I admit, sometimes they drive me to the boarder of loony, but I wouldn't have it any other way! Would not change a thing!!! So, I decided that today I was going to make a list of some of my favorite cute moments from the past couple of weeks...this list also includes a couple of highlights from my husband and my dog, because they just crack me up a lot of days too!

* My 3 yr. old son has been really striving for independence lately, which is just fabulous, but there have been some mishaps on the way. I love it when he wants to be the one to change his pull-ups or underware, and he's totally not paying attention, and stands up with both legs in one hole....or he gets them on right, but pulls them up so high, that he's running around with one butt cheek hanging out.

* DS's new favorite thing is telling his daddy and me when it's time to shave! When daddy goes to kiss him good night, he always does a "scratchy" test. "Daddy, you scratchy, shave it! Wook (look) I scratchy too?" C now wants to shave his "scratchies" every time daddy does.

* Sometime in October, C decided that he didn't need to take baths anymore...don't know why! There were no bad experiences or anything, just a decision he made. So, whenever it was time for him to take one, he protested much!!! It was truly a battle of wills. Well, we were up at my mom and dad's about 3 weeks ago, and mom thought she'd help me out by giving him a bath one Sunday morning before church. C, pitched a good one. She had him in the bathroom, and if no one was awake before, they were now. She spent 2 minutes in there with him howling the whole time, then the bathroom door flies open, my mom stomps out of the bathroom and thew his pull-up in the floor and storms off!!! It was embarassing to me for a moment, and I was not proud that my son could unravel my mom like that. After I made him slightly more compliant, I realized that it was sorta funny in a way...I mean, if you can piss a grandma off. Ever since that weekend he's a lot better about cleanliness...I'll be sitting at the computer and he'll come up to me with this playful grin on his face and say "Me (points to self), you (points to me), take a bath! (points to bathroom)" The way he says it is totally hilarious...makes me chuckle, which makes him keep doing it. And he'll do it with other stuff too, "Me, you, get applesauce!" "Me, you, watch Watch Wiggles". He's a riot!

* My husband and I got a night all to ourselves right after I got back from Indiana a couple of weeks ago. We got to go out for a great dinner, and then just wandered through the mall for awhile. When ever we get to go out like that, we always stop at a Starbucks (sorry coffegoddess!!! If you were closer, it'd be all about you baby!!!) for a treat on the way home. So, we place our order that night, and there was something that was part of one of our beverages that they had run out of, that another shift was supposed to make a batch of and didn't, and my husband replies, "So, they really screwed the pooch on that one!" I had never in my life heard that reference before, and I just totally burst into a fit of giggles that I could not control for like 5 minutes. Every time I calmed down, I would just repeat him "Screwed the POOCH!!!" and start again! Two days I acutally heard the phrase used again on TV!!! That's probably one of the funnier things I have heard this year!

* One day last week J was home for lunch and proceeded to tell me a story about his morning. He had gotten up and needed a clean pair of boxers from the dryer. Well, on his way back into our room, he was about to enter our bathroom and said he farted out loud. The next thing he hears was this HUGE fart come out of our 5 month old daughter! He said it was probably one of the loudest he's heard come out of her, adult sized! He said it just cracked him up, "It was like she was answering my call!"

* Awhile back we had gotten the kids to sleep, and J and I were hanging out, watching some TV, winding down for the night. Our dog was in a very playful mood, wanting us to throw her balls, and taking running fits. Well, she came barreling down the hall and was going to jump on the couch with us, but didn't get enough velocity off the ground and hit the edge of the couch with her chest and bounced off! We just ROLLED!!!! I nearly fell off the couch laughing!!! She just kinda stood there for a second and looked at the couch like "why did you get taller?" And then trotted away!

Well, my kids are summoning me...thus is my list for now! Enjoy!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger devilboss said...

I love kids. They are the real comedians. It looks like your daughter might be a farting prodigy!

6:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home