Name:
Location: Tennessee

I'm 29, and I still will be on my birthday this year!!! I swear it! My darling husband and I have been married for 7 years this year. We have two great kiddos: a 5 year old son, and a nearly 2 year old daughter. The are the most beautiful kids in the world if you ask us! I work at home, 2 jobs, one is developing curriculum and other publications for a disability ministry. By night I am a Pampered Chef consultant. I love both of my jobs, and I love that they are flexible enough for me to stay at home with my kids.

Monday, December 06, 2004

Chuckhead and Marble Comics

So, last week pretty much sucked. It was the Christmas Festival week on the campus where my husband works, so that means many hours of overtime. We averaged seeing him about 4 hours each day. A lot of times the kids would briefly see him in the morning when he left for work, an hour for lunch, and then wouldn't see him again until the next morning as they were in bed when he came home. I think that the kids were sensing the change in normal routine...they were holy terrors for most of the week. I nearly had a meltdown Saturday night. We are all pretty exhausted today....

On top of everything, the driver side window on our mini-van will not roll up! It's an automatic window, so, we are pretty much screwed. Unless we can find someone that will help us out out of the goodness of their heart, it could cost us in the relm of $300. It's Christmas dang it!!! Oh, yeah...and it's raining!

Well, last night I had had it. I was tired, frazzled, and looking for some adult conversation. J was working all night again getting a whole new set built for the Formal student Christmas banquet that is tomorrow night. The genius that is planning the entertainment for that event decided that they needed to do Gilligan's Island instead of coordinating something with a Christmas theme where they could use the already built stage that was used for the Christmas Fest on Saturday. But I digress...I may not know what I'm talking about!

So, we have a small group fellowship every Sunday night with several of the young adult families from our church. I had considered not going, becuase I felt badly that J would not be able to attend with us. But I could not handle the chaos anymore, so I went. My oldest, C, behaved exceptionally well last night, contrary to the way he had been acting...may have had something to do with he was getting a wee bit more attention...more people, more attention to be had. My baby, A, was less than happy for some reason, but she finally fell asleep. The adults that were there, myself, another girl B, and the couple hosting K & S. We decided to play the youth edition of Trivial Pursuit thinking it would be rather easy. As we were dividing up into teams, B decides she's going to trash talk me and K, saying that she and S could beat us. Don't know where that came from, but OK... the game was on! It went back and forth, we came out of the gate and got two pie pieces pretty easy, then they got 3 or 4...then it was quite awhile before any of us could catch up. There were some really ridiculous questions, some really hard ones, some EASY ones. We were having fun!

K and I got one question about the comic strip about Dagwood...the answer was the name of his boss, but I could not remember it to save my life, and K I don't think had ever read the strip before. At the last possible second, out of nowhere, I blurted out "Mr. Dithers", turns out I was right! Later on B & S get a question about the comic book Archie. They were trying to get the name of the football player character, which neither of them knew, the only other character that B could think of was Jughead, but instead she yells out "Chuckhead"! We hit the floor laughing!!!

Close to the end of the game K & I get another comics question, something to do with both of the companies that do the superhero comic books. I thought of DC, and K looks at me and says "Isn't the other one Marble comics?" Her husband, who was a comic collector at one time, looks at her "are you serious?" B and I are just dying laughing. "Don't you mean MARVAL?" For 10 minutes we all just laughed and laughed, and then Chuckhead came up again. Fun times had by all! Just the comic relief I needed!

Oh yeah....MY TEAM WON!!!! Trash talk me now B!!!! MUAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger M'Ary* said...

I love you. And if you send me your phone number, I'll call with adult conversation any time you need, cause I've been that girl myself.

Love,

Dande

9:09 AM  
Blogger Allie#3ga said...

wasn't it mr. bumstead ... or something like that? anyhow - glad you finally had some fun - and know that i love you.

9:47 AM  
Blogger devilboss said...

Dagwoods last name is Bumstead. I was a big comic reader when I was a kid.

I'm glad you had fun. I love Trivial Pursuit but I can't find anyone to play it with me.

10:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home