Name:
Location: Tennessee

I'm 29, and I still will be on my birthday this year!!! I swear it! My darling husband and I have been married for 7 years this year. We have two great kiddos: a 5 year old son, and a nearly 2 year old daughter. The are the most beautiful kids in the world if you ask us! I work at home, 2 jobs, one is developing curriculum and other publications for a disability ministry. By night I am a Pampered Chef consultant. I love both of my jobs, and I love that they are flexible enough for me to stay at home with my kids.

Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Potty Training Hell!

So, my oldest child is now way past his 3rd birthday, and still refuses to use the potty like all the other kids. On the one hand, his stubborness to "be like the rest of the kids" could be good in that I won't have to give him the "if so-and-so jumped off a bridge would you follow him/her?" speech. But, on the other hand, we now have a 2nd child for whom we are buying mass quantities of Luvs for, on top of pull-ups for said stubborn 3 year old, and the expense could very possibly sink us real soon!

Rewind to Saturday: My son wakes up, his pull-up is dry. Mommy thinks now would be a fabulous time to go sit on the potty and see if we'll make contact today. Get young son settled with is potty book about "Joshua" (1. I always think of the Friends episodes where Rachel Green is trying to woo Joshua, b. This potty book needs a whole blog entry for itself....it's pretty friggin hilarious!). So, we sit and sit and sit, mommy ends up having to take care of business...I finish, young son STILL has not peed the first drop, but insists that he is finished! He wants to put his pull up back on really bad, but in my head I knew that as soon as I put it back on, he'd finally go. So, I refused his request. Melt down occurs!!!!!! He pitches a HUGE tantrum over the fact that I would not put the pull up back on until he used the big boy potty. In this whole process we wake Daddy from the dead, so he decides to get in on the potty training action this fine morning. Young son is still WAILING while daddy takes him back to the bathroom for another round of sitting and waiting. Daddy gets him some cereal to feast upon while sitting in the bathroom, so young son wants some also. I get him cereal and milk, hoping that more fluids would encourage his already backed up bladder. They sit in there for another good 45 minutes. So, since the bathroom also houses the washer and dryer, Daddy decides to do some laundry. Young son decides this is a good time to escape, and comes in to try to get me to put his pull up on again. I told him I would as soon as he peed in the potty. Melt down again!!! He goes back to the bathroom, and since I'm in another room the actual events that followed were not totally witnessed other than through sound: I hear this "Daddy!!! Daddy!!! Help me!!!" and then from Daddy I hear "What the hell???" From what I can gather, in his fit of frustration with me, young son goes back to the bathroom to plead with daddy to put the pull up on, is standing on his potty chair, and can no longer hold his pee, and pees all over the bathroom! GREAAAAAAAAAT!!! And what does every good Mommy do? Makes young son clean up his own pee...which sorta backfired because young son likes to help! LAWD LAWD!!!!

So I'm still waiting for young son to decide to have a "Potty Revelation"....I could be waiting until he starts kindergarden on this one! In the mean time, I'll be declaring bankrruptcy via diaper purchases!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home