Name:
Location: Tennessee

I'm 29, and I still will be on my birthday this year!!! I swear it! My darling husband and I have been married for 7 years this year. We have two great kiddos: a 5 year old son, and a nearly 2 year old daughter. The are the most beautiful kids in the world if you ask us! I work at home, 2 jobs, one is developing curriculum and other publications for a disability ministry. By night I am a Pampered Chef consultant. I love both of my jobs, and I love that they are flexible enough for me to stay at home with my kids.

Thursday, September 16, 2004

Ivan the Terrible and The Crud coming out of my head...

It's hurricane season in Tennessee! No really, I'm serious! Frances hit us with some rain, not a big deal, just turned our yard into a massive jungle. When hubs when to mow the lawn last week he choaked the mower every 5 seconds. So, Ivan is supposed to hit this area late tonight with an apparent vengance. Yesterday it was all sunny and nice and we were already getting flood watches and wind advisories. I'm not real sure how I'm supposed to feel about this!!! I mean, we DO live in Tennessee, we're not even coastal! Am I supposed to board up my windows? Maybe I need to mount a sail on top of my house and attach floaties to the sides. The rain isn't supposed to blow out of here until Sunday! I feel like I should be collecting 2 of every kind of animal...oh wait! I was really supposed to????? CRAP!!!!

Apparently the non-contagious allergy my best friend, whom I toted all over K-town last week, was actually contagious! My husband started in with it Sunday night, my 3 month old daughter got it on Monday, and now I have it! People are so brilliant! I love the justification..."No really! It's just a tickle in my throat because the ragweed just has to be blooming right now. Please oh please can you help me out??? I promise you aren't going to get sick, because I'm not!" And now 3/4 of my family is....oh what is it?.....OH YEAH!!!! SICK!!!!! I love my girl friend to pieces, but I feel like doodie now, and I'm not happy!

I think that I will now retire to a nice hot shower to steam my puffy head out, then drink a gallon of OJ.

2 Comments:

Blogger devilboss said...

Sorry your sick Ann. Believe it or not Kentucky had hurricane season in July. It was the craziest weather ever and my hubby almost blew off of the front porch one day. I pretended to try and catch him but really it was just for show.

12:01 PM  
Blogger MajorMike said...

Hey, hope you survived Ivan. We're from Flordia and had Frances and Jeanne blow by within about 20 miles each. Fortunately, we are inland so we didn't get the brunt of it.

By brother, Tim, has his own business of which some is developing curricula. His web site is http://www.eeps.com. Give it a read.

Mike

8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home