Name:
Location: Tennessee

I'm 29, and I still will be on my birthday this year!!! I swear it! My darling husband and I have been married for 7 years this year. We have two great kiddos: a 5 year old son, and a nearly 2 year old daughter. The are the most beautiful kids in the world if you ask us! I work at home, 2 jobs, one is developing curriculum and other publications for a disability ministry. By night I am a Pampered Chef consultant. I love both of my jobs, and I love that they are flexible enough for me to stay at home with my kids.

Wednesday, September 15, 2004

The Chef and the Air Purifier Guy...

Yes, it's that time of year again. The air is starting to get crisp, the leaves will soon be changing...so that means it's time for the TN Valley Fair again! Good food, good fun...can't be beat!

So, every year for the past three years, my Pampered Chef (that's pampered, far from perfect!) cluster rents a booth to network. This year we were on a corner and surrounded by several more vendors than in years past. Now, usually this is fairly OK...and this years location got us a bit away from the Bugman...who's just a lil bit weird for my taste, but it takes all kinds, right? He didn't have the dog with him this year, but for the past 2 years he had one of those "umbrella" strollers in which he pushed this scruffy little dog all over the fair. Poor dog always looked liked she'd seen better days.

Anyway, I had 2 5-6 hour shifts this year, and got to know all my neighbors pretty well. OK, so straight across the aisle from is the wheelchair lift people...they had cool cars rigged for wheelchairs...a PT Cruiser and a Honda Element...had fun looking at those. One of the guys from that booth kept wheeling over and looking at my cookbooks and eating my Kisses (that'd be HERSHEY, just an FYI!). He was cool! Directly to my left was the Mexican clothing vendors who spoke mostly Spanish...had some really cute dresses, and they also always sell the HUGE necklaces that the ghetto boys like...you know the kind, the BLING! Across the other aisle to my right were Stan and Jody with the storm shelters. They install storm shelters for people that live in trailer parks mostly, and actually had a storm shelter there for viewing. They even put a set of stripped stockings with ruby slippers sticking out from under the shelter! It was hilarious!!!!

Now, for the booth behind me. The Air Purifier Guy. Nice enough, told me ALL about air purifiers, and how they could cure my family of all our allergies. He was probably 65ish, dressed professionally except for the excessive number of pins decoring his shirt, including the blinky American flag pin...does draw some attention, I'll grant him that! Anyway, he'd come talk to me, and then disappear, and then about a half hour later he'd come around the curtain and start chatting again. I was OK with this for the most part. The disturbing moment was when he did one of his appearing acts while I was partaking a sip of my Harvest Peach Iced Tea (YUUUUM!!!!!!). As I was taking the straw out of my mouth, it did one of those drippy things and dripped right down my cleavage. I hate that!!!! If he had only made a "whoops, here's a napkin for you" or some such comment, that would have been all fine and dandy! But NOOOOOOO, he says, *chuckle* "Whoops, why don't you let me wipe that up for you?" with the tone of a sleazy used car salesman!!!! WHAT THE HELL?????? I made a nervous giggle, and so as to be professional and not make a scene, turned around and walked to the other side of my booth. I was rather mortified at that comment, while he probably thought himself quite clever, I wanted to slap the sleazy grin off his face. He did not make any other appearances at my booth that night....thank you Jesus!!!!

Moral of this story is: If you are ever in Knoxville, and a 65ish guy with a blinky American Flag pin tries to tell you that he can purify your air, he probably means he'd like to purify your boobs too!!!

OY!!!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger devilboss said...

bwhahahahahahaha, slap him down Annie. What a wanker.

12:47 PM  
Blogger MamaChef said...

I love that you use the word wanker all the time!!! Fits this guy perfectly!

1:05 PM  
Blogger Smashlee said...

teehee

That's just icky. You are way nicer than me.

7:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home